Wine Touring Tips
Since I’m out wine touring I thought it would be appropriate to talk about some wine touring tips. Many people don’t know that I owned a travel agency for 20 years. One of the focuses was sending people to the wine regions of the world. I do discuss wine touring tips in my book Tapping the Hudson Valley.
There are things that you might not think about. If you are traveling in a group of 8 or more people to make a reservation or you could be turned away. Many wineries do take appointments for a more personalized visit so you won’t be belly up at the bar with the crowd.
Some of my touring tips are:
- Before you head out for the day eat a good breakfast.
- Did you know what you might eat or drink in the car while driving to the next stop can alter your taste buds. Stay away from coffee and gum.
- Don’t wear perfume or cologne because the aromas will interfere with the what is in your glass. You don’t want your Cabernet to smell like Chanel Chance.
- Chapstick and lipstick also can interfere with what you are tasting.
- Don’t forget to bring an empty cooler for your purchases. You don’t want them to overheat in the car.
My friend Jenn from WineAntics has a show on Thursday evenings at 9pm on Facebook. Recently she had a guest Kris from Nebraska Wine Tours on her show and they talked about the what you should do and not do when heading out on a wine tour. I thought it was a great show packed with tons of information that I have to share it with you. I want to make sure you are well prepared for you day and get the most our of it.