The Art of Local is a special event presented by Hudson Valley Bounty taking place during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. The event highlights Hudson Valley Bounty’s artisan food makers.
This week the Art of Local is traveling to Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery. You will be sampling seven cheeses from Edgwick Farm paired with Warwick Valley Wineries wine and ciders.
The wine and cheese pairings are:
- Canterbury paired with Riesling. Canterbury is a fresh spreadable mild cheese made in just 24 hours and shaped into a medallion. Rich floral creaminess and velvety texture with light citrus notes. This cheese is named after a scenic bubbling creek that runs through the center of Cornwall.
- Marinated Canterbury paired with Pinot Noir. The Canterbury medallion is rolled in herbs de provence and smothered in olive oil with slivers of garlic then marinated for several weeks until the cheese is infused with all the flavors.
- Sackett Ridge paired with Chardonnay. An aged farmstead cheddar, creamy and gets sharper and more complex as it ages. Named after the Black Rock Forest ridge that shadows the farm.
- Moodna paired iwth Black Dirt Red. Two varieties of tlhis cheese will be paired with the Baco Noir wine which is Warwick’s best selling red. The first is an aged Greek style semi-firm feta and the second is a milder less salty American style crumbled feta.
Three varieties of Trestle will be paired with Warwick’s ciders. This is a fresh herbed cheese made from whole milk ricotta, molded into the shape of a train wheel resulting in a rich and buttery sliceable cheese.
- -Rosemary & Cracked Black Pepper paired with Framboise (raspberry) Cider
- -Basil & Garlic paired with Hard Pear Cider
- -Dill paired with Hard Apple Cider
The event will take place from 12:00pm to 5:00pm. Tickets are $10.00 for 21 and over and $5.00 for under 21 and designateddriver. Tickets can be purchased in advance at www.hudsonvalleybounty.com andalso on the day of at the winery.
You must log in to post a comment.