Bringing Back Merlot
I can’t remember the last time I drank a Merlot can you? Maybe you have, but it’s been a while since I drank one and I don’t know why. Its been so long that forgot how good it tastes. They say distance makes the heart grow fonder, perhaps for me it makes the palate grow fonder.
Cannonball 2014 Sonoma County Merlot is sourced from owner Dennis Hill’s vineyard Adam & Eve in the Northern Russuan River Valley. At Cannonball they want to represent the inner child in all of us and want us to have fun. This is definitely is a fun wine.The Merlot is a blend of 91% Merlot with the remaining 9% a mix of Petite Sirah and Syrah. Fresh blueberry pie aromas escape from the glass along with plum, vanilla and blackberries. The palate is complex yet inviting. A medium bodied mouth feel with flavors of blueberry, plum, juicy black cherries rounding out with some clove and sweet tannins. This is an affordable and fun Merlot. SRP $15.99
The Merlot does have a big brother the Cannonball 2013 California Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine was aged in oak for 15 months. This wine has nice tannin structure and is well balanced with aromas of cassis, mulberry and tea leaves. The palate is full of dark fruit and hints of toasted oak. Very affordable at SRP $15.99
You must log in to post a comment.