As Thanksgiving approaches we begin to plan the big feast. The appetizers, turkey, side dishes, dessert and of course WINE.
Here is my suggested list of Hudson Valley Wines to pair with the turkey feast.
1. If you can find a bottle of it – Whitecliff Vineyards & Winery 2009 Riesling or their Gamay Noir. Make sure the Gamay is slightly chilled.
2. Clinton Vineyards 2009 Seyval. I wonder if any of the wedding guest will be drinking this on November 25.
3. Benmarl Winery Slate Hill White – This is a blend.
4. Millbrook Vineyards 2008 Proprietor’s Special Reserve Chardonnay and their 2008 Block 5 East Pinot Noir.
5. Oak Summit Vineyards 2008 Pinot Noir
6. Traminette – Palaia Vineyards, Whitecliff Vineyards & Winery, Applewood Winery and Benmarl Winery all produce wonderful Traminette that will pair very nicely with you meal.
7. Hudson-Chatham Winery Seyval Blanc.
8. Brotherhood Winery – Blue bottle Riesling for a taste of sweetness, or their dry Riesling and Pinot Noir.
Most of all no matter what you are drinking this Thanksgiving, enjoy the day with your family and friends.
You must log in to post a comment.