Cape May County’s first annual premium wine festival kicks off at Bungalow No. 1 Beach Bar Saturday August 1, 2015.Wine-Time on the beach! You don’t even have to leave the beach after spending all day sunning yourself. My kind of wine festival!
Wine-time begins at 4:30pm and runs until 8pm. Taste award winning wines from renowned wine brands like Masi wines from Italy, Cloudy Bay from New Zealand, Jordan Winery in Sonoma, the famous Chateau Montelena. There will be 30+ wineries to sample from. At 5:30pm I will be giving a short seminar to learn how to taste wines like a pro.
Admission to the festival is $50 and includes wine tasting on the beautiful white sands of Diamond Beach, a keepsake glass plus two food tickets for small bites and listen to music by Next. You can also purchase an additional VIP Grazing Station Access for $20 or a small cheese plate for $10. Both add-ons need to be pre-purchased before the festival.
Tickets for the festival can be purchased at http://snip.ly/MKom Use code WINEGODDESS5 for $5 off ticket price.
Here are some tasting tips to maximize your wine tasting experience:
- Make sure you eat a good lunch.
There are many wines to try and the munchies provided are intended to
help you try the wine with food and clear your palate
- Drink water! You will be in the sun. Remember you are on the beach. So not only will the wine dehydrate you, but so will the sun. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!!
- Be courteous to others who wish to taste.
- After receiving your pour, please step back from the tasting table to do your personal evaluation. This allows others to step forward to receive their sample
- Step to the side if you wish to speak with the winery representative.
You must log in to post a comment.