Chocolate, wine and roses, that’s what Valentine’s Day is all about. In my house it’s just a Hallmark Holiday, so no card, chocolate or roses, but there will be plenty of wine.
If you are itching to get a weekend away or get out of the house for a day there are plenty of special tastings going on at the wineries in the Hudson Valley for Valentine’s Day. So take your loved one out and get some romance at the wineries.
Here are some of the tasting specials you will find.
- Weekend of February 12 & 13
- Applewood Winery Frostbite Weekend
- Millbrook Winery – Guests can choose to enjoy a standard Portfolio wine tasting or a special holiday weekend Reserve Tasting. This Reserve tasting will include four of our Reserve wines along with cheese and chocolate fondue. This special tasting will be offered on the hour between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. both days. Reservations are strongly recommended as this event sells out quickly.
- Robibero Family Vineyards – Sat. Feb 12th 4pm-5pm. Celebrate Valentines Day Weekend and come discover the romance of pairing wine with some of life’s greatest pleasures. Indulge yourself with chocolate, cupcakes and wine in sinful combinations. You will be sampling 4 different wines while learning about the history of the grapes and the art of pairing $15 per person Reservations required.
- Whitecliff Vineyard & Winery – Locally Grown: Art, Wine & Truffles Tastings will feature an organic truffle from Rosendale’s fabulous Lagusta’s Luscious, a rare tasting of Whitecliff’s Sparkling Wine, and demonstrations on Saturday by two diverse Hudson Valley artists, sculptor Robert Breur, and painter Vince Natale, who are producing Whitecliff-inspired works as part of the year-long event, Art & Wine in the Hudson Valley.
- Weekend of February 19 & 20 Brimstone Hill Winery will give you a second chance at celebrating Valentine’s Day if you messed up the weekend before. Join them for their 13th annual Chocolate, Champagne & Valentines Event. Visitors receive a flute of exquisite chocolates along with a tour of their storage facilities (including barrel samples of select wines.) They will have gourmet finger foods available to accompany the wines. There is a $10 per person tasting fee.
Get up and get out with the one you love and taste of the valley.