Ever look at a wine label and not quite sure what all that information is. Here is some basic information that is found on the wine label.
2. Appellation – The country or region where the grapes are grown.
3. Vintage – The year the grapes were harvested
4. Variety – type of grape the wine was made from
5. Ripeness – usually shown on German wine
6. Estate Bottling and Winery Information – If the wine is Estate Bottled, it is made and grown at the winery’s own vineyard (another topic for later)
7. Required federal and state information
8. Optional information