Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work at a winery. To bring the grapes from bud to bottle? Millbrook Vineyards & Winery is offering you the opportunity to become a Tocai Friulano Specialist during the 2012 winegrowing season.
Winegrowing Boot Camp will consist of 6 Saturdays beginning April 14, 2012 with vine pruning and tying and end Saturday, March 16, 2013 with bottling your wine. The 6 part series will be a hands-on viticurtural and winemaking series where participants will learn about the grape growing and production of Millbrook’s Tocai Friulano.
Remember – this is hands on – so no high heels ladies, sneakers are a must for being in the vineyard, along with jeans and a shirt you don’t mind getting dirty.
The day will begin with a brief overview of the specific topic at hand and then you will go out in the vineyard, roll up your sleeves and get to work on your 8 assigned Tocai vines. You will be providing your own manual labor to care for your vines under the direction of John Graziano, Millbrook Winery’s Vice President of Winemaking & Vineyard Management.
The program begins on Saturday, April 14, 2012 with the following dates and vineyard/winemaking tasks:
- April 14, 2012 10am – Noon Vine Pruning & Tying
- May 19, 2012 11am – 3pm Bud Break & Tocai New Release Party
- June 2, 2012 11am – 1pm Vertical Shoot Positioning
- July 14, 2012 11am – 1pm Leaf Pulling
- October 13, 2012 9am – 4pm Grape Harvest & Harvest Party Celebration
- March 16, 2013 11am -2pm Bottling