’ : Two chapters are dedicated to New England grape breeders. Some grape DNA updates. Concord is an offspring of Catawba and Catawba is half vinifera. This book will give you an appreciation of the history of the Hudson River Valley AVA and the people and nurseries behind it. You will get a good understanding of the growing conditions, vineyard management, and winemaking process. It’s not just about the Hudson Valley. You will learn and better understand grape breeding and hybridizers with the who, what, where and why. This a great book for the person interested in growing grapes sustainably and making good quality wine or looking for a better understanding of the growing conditions and grapes grown in cool climates.
How to Drink Australian provides an in-depth exploration of Australia’s wine regions, taking readers on a state-by-state and region-by-region journey across the country. Each state starts with an introductory overview and then dives into the major wine regions in dedicated chapters. This book is great for knowledge and if you are planning a trip down under.
These regional spotlights examine several key dimensions, including:
- The history and evolution of winemaking in that area
- An overview of the geographical landscape and terroir
- Descriptions of the signature wine styles and grape varieties the region is known for
- Behind-the-scenes insights, current issues, and recent developments in the region
- Profiles of important producers, covering both up-and-coming winemakers and established power players
Interspersed throughout are beautifully detailed maps created by wine cartography specialist Martin von Wyss that showcase important vineyards, producers, and defining characteristics of each region.
Overall, How to Drink Australian offers an intricately crafted guide for readers seeking to explore Australia’s wine scene and understand the stories, history, and personalities behind the bottles.
Why It’s a Must-Read:
- Personal Journey: The author shares a raw and honest story, providing readers with an inside look at the personal struggles that can occur in the wine industry.
- Inspirational: It inspires anyone facing personal challenges, illustrating how one can emerge stronger from difficult situations.
- Connection to Wine: The book maintains a connection to the world of wine, offering insights into how personal experiences can influence one’s relationship with wine and the industry at large.
- Empowerment and Healing: The narrative is not just about the challenges but also about empowerment and healing, resonating with readers who may have faced similar issues.
Together, “How to Drink Australian,” “Grapes of the Hudson Valley And Other Cool Climate Regions of the United States and Canada, Second Edition,” and “Wine Witch on Fire: Rising from the Ashes of Divorce, Defamation, and Drinking Too Much” form a diverse and enriching collection of wine literature. Each book, in its own way, contributes to a more comprehensive understanding and appreciation of wine, whether it’s through exploring wine regions, understanding wine production, or relating personal experiences within the wine world.